Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Update


It has been a really really long time since I have updated the blog but it has been so hard for me to find the time to get around to it and I knew that I was going to have a HUGE post to catch up and it was not something that I was looking forward to. The last time I updated was right before Halloween and a few days after that post I was laid off from my job that I had been at for 4 years. It was a surprise to us but looking back now I think, how did I not see it coming? There were things that had happened that should have been red flags but I never really took the time to think about until after the fact. There are things that I wish I could have changed and I wish I had more time to prepare for it but things happen in life that you can’t control and as hard as it was and sometimes still is all you can do is land on your feet and keep moving forward. Which is exactly what I tried to do… I went on a job search and thanks to some friends I was able to hear of a job opening at another mortgage company. I applied for the job, went in for an interview and a few days later received a job offer. Even though I was able to land a job only 2 weeks after I was laid off, the last few months in life have taught me SO much. I have grown closer to Brody and cannot be more grateful for him. We just celebrated our 5 year anniversary and the last 5 years have been incredible. He has been such a great husband. He helped support our family while I was on maternity leave and then again a few weeks later when I got laid off and then again with Christmas. He also has been a great help with both kids as we adjust to having 2 kids instead of just Lexi. He has been the greatest dad, son, brother, husband, friend, neighbor, co-worker etc. to everyone he knows. I am sure anyone will tell you that they can always go to Brody when they need help with just about anything and he will be there for them. It is so nice to have a husband who works hard and is so willing to help when needed and can fix just about anything. I have also learned to not worry about the small stuff in life. Who cares if I have dishes that need to be washed…what matters most to me are my kids. I want to spend as much time with them as I can because I know how fast they grow up and I want to be a part of their greatest memories as they grow up. Lexi will be starting Kindergarten this fall and I feel such a mix of emotions. I am so excited for her to start a new chapter of her life and to make so many friends but at the same time I am sad that I can’t be there with her. Our Lexi is getting so big and she makes us so proud. Lexi has been the best big sister to our sweet baby Maylie. Lexi can make Maylie laugh any time, any day. There are times that I will try to get May to giggle and she just won’t until she sees Lexi. Maylie is now 5 months old (almost 6) and she is so fun. Maylie can roll over now both ways and she has 2 (yes you read that right…2) teeth. My kids have taken after their mother and they get their teeth early. At the age of 4 months I had 4 teeth, YIKES! Maylie is in the 20th % for her weight and height but you would never know it with the size of her fat rolls on her legs. That girl can eat…. We started giving her rice cereal and she just can’t seem to eat it fast enough. She has the tendency to cry between bites because you cannot get another bite for her quick enough. Some things that we have done over the past few months in no particular order include; play dates with friends (ours and the kids), birthday parties, adventures at bouncing off the walls and chucky E cheese, doctor appointments, dentist appointments, thanksgiving, shopping trips, Christmas, bowling, New Years, dinners at the grandparents, Valentine’s Day, Celebrating 5 years of marriage and last but not least my sister Jackie getting engaged! We are so excited for her and her fiancĂ© Jon. He is a great guy and we are excited to welcome him into the family. I have a feeling the rest of this year will be just as busy and exciting with vacations, weddings, birthdays and everything else that comes along….Bring on the fun! I will post pictures as soon as I get them off my camera but here is one off of my phone so it is not the greatest but you need to have something cute to look at.

2 comments:

Izzy said...

Seems your life has been going up and down like a roller coaster. Life definitely has its moments, and the loving people aroudn us always make it better when they help. Your husband is a great man ^_^ and there should be more like him around. You too are a great person, you ran into a little situation with being laid-off but you still managed to get a job and continue your life. Good job! keep moving forward! Oh and congratulations on your Aniversay! :)

Jim said...

Apple computer end users that Office 2007 are employed a business ecosystem will certainly value most of these additions--if Master of science might make these folks work efficiently to the Apple pc.This Microsoft Office 2010 regarding Macintosh critique seemed to be presented in an entertainment-related occurrence use by way of Microsof company .Editor Scott Stein stood a possiblity to look into the survey regarding Office 2010 Download on the program floorboards, also Microsoft office 2007 it certainly would seem Master of science is on the right track. Office 2007 downlaod